A better shape of Me

Once I was broken,
Once I was lost,
There was a time
When wounds were open
And lines were crossed.
Once I was crying everyday,
Once I could see no other way,
My mind was wrapped
In holy lies,
My heart was trapped,
My dreams were capped,
But they couldn't close my eyes.
Sometimes a blessing,
Sometimes a curse,
My eyes wide open, kept on guessing
The beauty of my universe.
Each open wound, a scar to be,
Each line that's crossed, a way to see
The path that carves in truth and strength,
A better shape of Me.
With every shape
My heart grows stronger,
And thoughts of cowardly escape,
Are gone, and I no longer wonder
Was I at fault or was it faith.
Once I believed there was no hope,
My hands were tied but I could see,
These ties were nothing but a rope
I'll use to climb to where awaits
A better shape of Me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog